Wednesday, December 8, 2010

SNOW! and other adventures

Want to know why white people are invariably of greater girth than Koreans?  Koreans give white people food.  Every time we go to the fresh produce market in front of our apartment (it wraps around the junkyard) and buy fruit - or donuts - they throw in a few extra. I want to believe it's because we complete the transaction in Korean, but to be honest, our Korean doesn't warrant an a free mandarin, let alone 3 mandarins and an apple.  I stammer my way through, sometimes panicking and saying something stupid.  Yesterday in the supermarket I waved goodbye to the assistant and said in more fluent than average Korean, "How much is this?"  One time in a taxi I spoke to the taxi driver in Hebrew.  He looked bemused, but I made up for it by overpaying him - again accidentally.

Anyway, SNOW!  We began our jog today, and it just seemed a little too cold.  Em wanted us to turn back because I wasn't wearing enough clothing, but I assured her that I was far too tough for the weather to get the better of me. I lasted maybe another 20 seconds before drops of rain showed me my hubris and we headed home.  After getting changed we went grocery shopping, and when we came out, it was SNOWING!  The closest thing to SNOW I have seen in December was hail on Christmas Eve during an Australian summer storm.  Needless to say I was pretty excited and decided if anything was blog worthy, SNOW was.

How are our seven readers going?  We would love to hear from you.

1 comment:

  1. Now that I've got gmail I can actually comment etc. How much snow have you had, tiny bit or are we talking it's time to build a snowman? What are the plans for Christmas? Oh and Chris, helping you get ahead on the comments, what a friend ;)

    ReplyDelete